Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud, it is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails...

1 Corinthians 13: 4-8

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Calling

  Christ, you are my Lord and Savior.  You are my everything.  I can't imagine life without You.  I do not desire to ever live a life without You.    You, God, are my creator.  You understand me because you created me.  You know what I need.  If I allow you, you are like air, you fill every crack in my life.  I am guilty of filling my life with other things at times.  When I do, I feel a void.  When I am "filled" by you, I "feel" you.  You are my life giver.  You see everything and you know everything.  There's nothing you don't know about me, all my failures and shortcomings and yet you still love me.  I don't have to be perfect to be loved.  I am not perfect. You have chosen me to be your daughter.  Not for anything I've done, but for who I am in You, your daughter.  Your love is great.  It is so great.  You don't wish for anyone to walk away.  You call each of us by name.  We've all been given a choice.  You allow us freewill.  You allow us the choice to follow you.  You desire our love...what kind of love would it be if you demanded it?  You desire our affection.  So much so that you sent your only son, your little boy to die.  You desire to be near us.  For that reason, a sacrifice had to be made for sin.  You can't be in the presence of sin.  A sacrifice has always been required to cleanse sin.  I am a sinner. You offered your son, your only little boy as that sacrifice for me.  The sacrifice required so I could be near you.
  I was in the forefront of your mind when your son, Jesus, willingly died on that cross.  I was also on your mind when you raised Him out of the grave.  You are my Redeemer.  My Savior.  My Father.  My Healer.  My Creator.  You are love.  I'd never had a first breath had you not breathed it into me.  It is because of you that I am here.  I am alive because of you.  Who better to follow, to be held by, to be healed by, to be loved by and redeemed by.  Who better than my creator: the one who knows me, who made me.

For God's gifts and his call are irrevocable. 
Romans 11: 29

  You, my dear friend, are so loved by God.  He longs to hold you.  To love you.  To be your everything.  You are created so beautifully, with gifts and a calling.  He has a plan for your life.  God knows You.  He knows you better than you know yourself.  He sees you.  He's reaching for you.  All you have to do is answer. 


Wild Flowers,  Yantis Ditch,  New Meadows,  Idaho


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...