Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud, it is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails...

1 Corinthians 13: 4-8

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

On the Line

  Okay, I am one of them...one of those "Christians".  One of those people that go to church and talk about Jesus.   To some  I may be a "freak"...but you know..that's okay.  I am a freak for the right reasons. ;)
  Do you know why?  Their is someone out there bigger than me. I didn't create myself.  I often times don't even know how I work. I can't save myself.  I need my creator.  He's filling the void in my life.  Without Him, I am a mess.
  There is an owner's manual to life, it's called the Bible.  It's written by life's creator.  He's promised to walk with me, shelter me, strengthen me and most of all, love me.  He loved me so much His son was put to death....for me, so I could spend eternity with Him. Why wouldn't I want that?  All I need do in return is know Him, to have a relationship with Him.  Give Him my life, and allow Him access to my heart.   When given access to a heart, He will change it.  He will fulfill it, fill the void.   He offers strength, guidance, wisdom, justice, peace, and a towel to dry tears. 
  In fact He loves you so much he's counted every tear you've ever cried...and He's cried with you.  Why would you not want this?  Do you think you can do it on your own?
  To everything He promises to do on earth, so much more is offered in heaven.  However, He is the ONLY way to heaven.  In John 14:6, Jesus states, "I am the way, the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except through me."
It's not a new statistic, EVERYONE dies.  100 of 100 will eventually die.  You will die.  It could be 50 years from now, 2 years from now, it could be tomorrow.  You DON'T know.  
  There is a creator out there that beautifully created you.  He loves you and is calling your name. He wants that relationship with you. 
  Do you KNOW where you will spend eternity?  That's a question for right now, not tomorrow.  Tomorrow  might be too late.  I've seen many friends pass, have attended too many funerals.  The awesome thing....you can have confidence knowing where you'll go.  You have the option of heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...