Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud, it is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails...

1 Corinthians 13: 4-8

Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Country Barn Bazaar......

  My husband and I have lived in this area for awhile.  We've driven the same highway to get to town for quite some time....and know all the landmarks between here and there.  Now, for these past years, there's been a little hollow I drive past.  It can be seen from the road and it looks very quaint and inviting.  To the side of this wonderful place, trees...trees and more trees.  Inside the large grove, a little red house and a quaint barn.  The driveway looks to be a quarter to a half mile....  I have always wanted to drive down it...to see what "something wondrous" lies in that hollow... 
   Well, I won't tell you how excited I was to see this sign on the highway two days ago....serious!  And....the sign pointed down the very driveway I've always wanted to go.   I told my husband about it....and waited impatiently for Saturday.
  Well.....today IS Saturday, and I am blogging about it, so it must've been good!!!!
  This morning, I grabbed my munchkins and headed to the Country Barn Bazaar.

We eagerly followed the signs.


The Driveway!
Oh, so pretty!
Pass the old coop...
 I was so excited when we rounded the last corner!!  This adventure was panning out!!!  Pumpkins everywhere! 
Here we are!!!  And....this place is so pretty!


A hay wagon full of pumpkins!







  Standing outside the door, scents of cinnamon and spices lingered on the air.  The rustic sound of a fiddle playing Away in the Manager...and a kitchen baking yummy treats.  This driveway is one I plan on driving down again!
















  A barn complete with a rustic little bakery!!   Squash soup, carmeled apples, pumpkin breads, fudge, cookies, cinnamon and chocolate!!!  Homemade jams and lots of samples!!!  Yum!!!
  My kids managed to acquire a couple carmeled apples, of which they were quite happy.





  We wandered around for some time.  A photographer out back took pictures for $25.00 per family.  This little bazaar was complete with almost everything. 


  ....Even a washtub...

  I no longer have to wonder what goes on down in the little hollow....but I am afraid I may get in trouble for trespassing....  I want to go back!!!! 
  I also learned this little place was recently purchased by our neighbors one road down...and I don't think they'll mind if I show up every now and again.....to soak up the sun and sit on the steps of their little red barn....(I hope).

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...