Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud, it is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails...

1 Corinthians 13: 4-8

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

"No Room!"

  I sat down this morning with my kids for Bible time.  We've just begun the book of Luke...and Jesus is being born.  My kids enjoy this story...it usually means Christmas is coming soon...:)  Anyway...Mary and Joseph have just arrived at Bethlehem and are looking for a place to stay.  To no avail....there are no vacancies....NO ROOM for a little pregnant girl and her husband.  Despite her obvious discomfort and large tummy every inn keeper in Bethlehem turns them away.  No Room!  No Room!
  There was something that hit me while reading this.  Jesus has to get tired of hearing, "No Room!"....how many times have I uttered that...well, thought that.  How many times have I set my prayer time aside because there was "No Room" in my schedule.  How many people through the years have put Jesus off...some for eternity...because they had "No room" for Him in their lives.   It's funny...ironic is a better term...how Jesus life started out in a cave because there was "No Room" in the inn....and how He's spent all of His existence with people trying to show them there IS room.....and the denial of making room will lead to eternal vacancy......wow! 

1 comment:

  1. You are sooo insightful my friend! What wonderful thoughts, and so much truth. I have been working hard recently to make room for Jesus in my day, everyday, everything else is liable to get kicked out of my day entirely if need be to make room for Him. Hope all is well with you and your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...