Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud, it is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails...

1 Corinthians 13: 4-8

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

My Rest

  In your arms, I rest.  You understand me.  You know my short comings and my strengths.  You know why I feel as I do.  You're aware of my weaknesses.  And...unfortunately my sins.  You don't chastise me, but gently correct me....offering your strength to overcome.  You are my life blood.  I occasionally run from you.  Why?  I don't know.  Independence, maybe.  I sometimes tell myself it's from fatigue....but fatigue of what?  You know....you already know.  You know me better than I know myself.  My creator.
  So, Lord, even though I've done nothing to deserve you....and never could I.....I rest in your arms.  I lay my cares, my day, my smiles, and insecurities at your feet.  Take them Lord.....you promised to hold them for me.....so I may rest.  You've promised....with the scars in your hands.  Thank you............

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...