Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud, it is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails...

1 Corinthians 13: 4-8

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Shoes



  Sometimes its hard....cause I can't remember
  which shoes are for town, play or snow in December

  Shoes are for feet and my feet like to go
to all of the many good places I know

  My mom says I cant wear my good shoes outside
but I sometimes forget....and my play shoes hide

  So what should I do when my outside kitty beckons me
and my good shoes are the only ones I see?

  And while it was kitty I initially saw....
"Well, mom, the mud...I don't know about that at all"

  "My play shoes?"  Well....I don't know where they are....
I took them off while digging in your car....

  I try so hard to keep things straight......
good shoes for town and play shoes for running through the gate
and chasing bugs, digging mud pies and yes, wading the creek.....
but....what do I wear after my play shoes leak?

  This really is hard....and I wish I knew
 why I can't just wear irrigation boots to church too
 
 So, what am I to do when the world is outside
   and I want to be in it and my play shoes hide.

  Mom....can I go barefoot....its much more fun....
    and far less stressful for everyone.  :)

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...