Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud, it is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails...

1 Corinthians 13: 4-8

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Being Little

  Four year old eyes.  They see things from a little girl's perspective. "I want to be big mom!"   "When I grow up, I wanna be a mama, like you."  My heart melts.  Oh, little girl.  How much can I love you?  She cuddles into my chest as she gets sleepy.  My baby, my youngest.  She may be four years, but she's my baby...and always will be.  I cherish this time. 
  Six year old eyes.  "When I grow up, I want to be like dad."  These little boy eyes see life as something to be conquered.  "I can do it, mom."  How familiar has that phrase become?  I remember the first time my eyes saw his sweet face.  Yesterday....really.  Six years of yesterdays.  Wow, how the time has gone.   He's in such a hurry to become a man.  I am so proud of him.
  Eight year old eyes.  My sweet, and precious eyes of compassion.   My young girl eager to embrace womanhood and watching it from a distance not so far.  Her heart, sensitive to the injustice of this world, reaches out and touches those in need.  She is and will always be a friend to everyone.   My ray of sunshine.   God knew how much we needed her.
  My children sleep now.  I stand in awe watching them dream; cozy in their beds.  Innocence.   Amazing beyond description, the fact God chose me to be their mama.  I wouldn't trade this for the world.
  I ready myself for bed.  Not everyday is easy.  We have our share of "those days".  But....it makes it all worth it when I remember what I've been given.  How precious those chubby fingers are...and how quickly eighteen years go by.
 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...