Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud, it is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails...

1 Corinthians 13: 4-8

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Raising Annie

  God has blessed me with three amazing kids.  The fact they exist is a miracle God placed in our hands.  As I have shared in other posts, I didn't think I'd get to be a parent.  But God always sees the big picture and asks us to trust Him.  He always has a plan.  His plan for my life DID include motherhood, and I am praising God!
  As some know, we home school.  I enjoy it.  Some days are harder than others....some days are amazing and some days I really have to  trust God (cause those days are hard)... But, I really do love the freedoms of home schooling, as well as the slow, simple life it fosters.
  My sweet third born is an amazing child.  This dear sweet girl has a will...a constitution and knows what she wants in life (not sure where she got it...lol :))   I find myself having many talks with Annie.  I enjoy our conversations.  Alot of them seem to regard actions and consequences...a time I embrace because I can hold her and spend individual time shaping her and loving on her.  The last few month we've been addressing "sharing" with Annie.  Sharing is a struggle (especially when it comes to her Pet Shops, Barbies, Polly Pockets, dolls, books, stuffed animals,...etc...etc....etc..).  Okay, my sweet baby just struggles with sharing. Period.  I know she'll grow out of it...I am not too worried.  But many of our conversations do include submitting her will and sharing with her siblings.
   The last couple weeks during Bible time in school, we've also been discussing both heaven as well as hell.  We've been discussing what the Bible says about both.  I try to use words my kids understand...bringing it to their level.  I usually get nods and a few yes's. Understanding is my goal.
  Last week while driving to town, my sweet daughters started arguing.  I heard heated whispering followed by, "Mattie!!!!  JESUS SAYS YOU HAVE TO SHARE!"  And..."MATTIE, IF YOU DON"T SHARE, YOU WILL GO TO HELL!"  
WHAT?  My brain frantically flies threw all our Bible lessons...."Annie, that's NOT what mama said!", I reassure her.  We censor movies and influences in our kids lives; I know what my kids see and hear.  I also know Annie has never heard this anywhere else.  It was said in a 4 year old way....interpreting wisdoms she's collected in her short journey. 
  A brief conversation ensued,.  I am pretty sure she understands now.    I had to smile to myself a little.  Annie....my Annie.  God, please give me wisdom.  My sweet little fireball...  I guess I am guilty too...guilty of changing God's word to fit my agenda...maybe she gets that from me as well.  We are both works in progress..lol 
  Thank you God for grace!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...