Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud, it is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails...

1 Corinthians 13: 4-8

Monday, June 13, 2011

The Gravel Pit

I do love this place.  As I've said before, contentment has been an issue for me in the past.  The heat of summer mainly, the lack of trees, and the lack of snow in the winter.  God is gracious and so good.  He's giving me eyes to see the beauty around me.  Beauty I haven't always seen....Beauty despite lack of trees....snow or otherwise.  We have an elderly neighbor that loves kids.  He has no grand kids......and he cherishes little people.  Mr. "Ed"....lives alone with his two goats he calls his "girls"....and occasionally comes to visit us.
  Mr. Ed lives down the draw from us and owns a gravel pit....a child's dream!  Rock piles...rock piles...rock piles!!!  Everywhere!!!!  More dirt and rocks than a kid could ever dig through, throw or make pies out of.  He told us to bring our kiddos whenever we wanted....he can see the gravel pit from his front window.   I think he secretly watches from his window....wishing he had grand kids to climb those piles. 
  Two weeks ago, I finally brought my camera to the "gravel pit"...to record precious memories.  Mr. Ed won't be around much longer.  I don't know what will happen to his "rock collection" after he passes on.  I have decided to make moments count...and I want to record some memories before its too late:
A bath will be in order.



Rocks!!!!!  Everywhere!!!

Who can find the coolest one?

Annie found the one tree....a little Russian olive...just big enough to fit a blanket and picnic basket underneath.
I only wish I had a picture of Mr. Ed...I may go over and get one today.....
   Yes....the gravel pit is hot.....void of trees....a little dusty......
but there are still memories........precious ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...