Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud, it is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails...

1 Corinthians 13: 4-8

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

My Dad

I am a little late.  Father's day is two days past.  That's the way I roll  sometimes.  In honor of Father's day, I wanted to tell you a little about my dad.  He is a blessing!  I love him.  He has shaped who I am in many ways.  (I also apologize in advance dad as I know you'll read this...and you don't enjoy being the subject of a blog).  But I am writing this anyway...because you are important to me.
In the Navy
Known around our house as "grandpa" my dad is a hit with my kids.  My son begs to drive the long journey to northern Idaho to see his "Grandpa".  Grandpa jumps on the trampoline with my kids...Grandpa plays with them....Grandpa bought each of my kids their own motor cycle helmets....and Grandpa takes them on ritualistic four-wheeler rides.  "Grandpa" and motor-cycles have become synonymous....as has "Grandpa" and fun!!!  He is very special in the eyes of my three munchkins...as well as their mother.
  As a little girl, I can remember getting on my dad's motorcycle.  My parents were both into motorcycles.  They each had their own.  I would ride with one of my parents...my sister the other.  We'd pack a picnic.  With a rope, dad would tie us to him....in case we fell asleep....which we usually did.  Mom would do the same.  We'd then adventure to the many parts of the county on two wheels...all day long.  So much fun and so many memories.  I remember hearing dad start the engine of his bike and feeling the rush of excitement...knowing we'd soon leave for another adventure.......a highlight for the week.
Dad taught us how to fish. To camp.  To work...and the value of a dollar.   He encouraged us to try our best, and that mediocrity was something to strive past.   He lives out his words....walks his talk
  One thing I am most thankful for:  the memory of seeing my dad reading his Bible and praying.  Every morning at 5:00am.  Everyday of my life.  That example set the way for me...I really appreciate my dad.  The things he's taught me...the things he's shown me.   And...the memories.  Those memories are special...
My Dad Today
I thank God for my dad.  He is a wonderful man.  Every girl needs a dad to look up to.   I am truly blessed!
    Happy Father's Day Dad!! 
                I love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...