Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud, it is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails...

1 Corinthians 13: 4-8

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Mushroom Pickin'



Ready....Set.....Head for the Hills!
   Every spring our family has a tradition: picking mushrooms.  More specifically, Morel mushrooms.  We've held this tradition for many years.  I will admit, it hasn't always been my favorite.  I love time in the "woods", I love the outdoors.  But my problem is a mushroom location issue.  I am not great at finding them.  As a kid we had to pick "so many" before we could go home....and I don't think I helped a lot.  We used to sell our mushrooms and save the money for our family ski pass in the winter.  A good trade....but I was much better at skiing than finding Morels.
  Anyway, this past weekend while "up north" we took the kids to partake in our tradition.  I was pleasantly surprised how "into it" they got.  Morel hunting is much like a treasure hunt, and my kids enjoyed it.  They did fight however, over the bucket with the mushrooms.  I guess sharing wasn't our strong suit this time.  But they had a great time.
  We hunted over the mountain side.  The air smelled so fresh. 
Afterward we packed our mushrooms to Grandpa and Grandma's and Grandma fried them up.  A treat!  Well, Mattie thought so.  Hap and Annie decided fungus wasn't their style.  So funny.
My Die-Hard

Lookin' Hard
A Total Trooper.


Lil' Go-Getter.
Beautiful.
They're Here Somewhere!
Jackpot!  We Grandma Found Them!
A Mushroom Picking Lesson
The Bucket Everyone Wanted.
Grandpa.  We love you!
A Warm Day!

My Littlest Baby and My Dad.

We spent the afternoon traversing the hills.  Riding the Four-wheelers and enjoying mountain air.  A good time!  And....we did pick a couple mushrooms.....a couple.  :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...