Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud, it is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails...

1 Corinthians 13: 4-8

Thursday, April 5, 2012

On a Wednesday Night.....

  Wednesdays, rain or shine, are always our busiest nights....well, actually our busiest days too...  Wednesday for whatever reason spells C-H-A-O-S in our home.  Its a good kind of chaos.  But it is chaos none the less.  This is a given Wednesday at our house:
    We finish school around 2:00ish.  I take my sanity break in the bathroom with the door locked and my laptop fully charged.  And....an hour 15 minutes later we start the progression of activities to leave for church and AWANA.  My kids LOVE AWANA!!!!  And....yes it takes a couple hours to get out the door. 
  We round up AWANA books, Bibles, and vests (and tuck them in a bag).  I get supper started.  I ask the kids to change their clothes...and then ask once more as the jeans with holes have been replaced with another pair with holes...lol.  We eat supper on the fly and I hurriedly fix the girls hair.  Amidst tangles and hairbrushes, spray bottles, hair spray....and a cat incessantly winding herself around my feet, we get everyone presentable and to the car. 
  On the way, I make a mental note: 3 kids...check.  2 grown-ups...check.  3 books, 3 Bibles, 3 vests...check.  1 nebulizer and meds...check (we have an asthmatic).  And.....argh.  My Bible....I forgot my Bible.  At least I remembered the kids stuff.
  We arrive at church looking slightly wind blown (not sure why....lol).  3 excited kids jump out with books, vests and Bibles in hand.  I grab everything I own (which isn't much because I forgot it all at home) and head to check my kids in.
  I check them in and head for "grown up" church.  Tim is working with the youth, so its just me....by myself.  I walk alone to the "Grown-up building"...and I don't experience "alone" very much....so this feeling is a little exhilarating.  I wouldn't change being a mama for the world....but mama's do need some alone time every now and again.
  I sit down.....alone...and prepare for some spiritual nourishment.  I have a small notebook to take notes....and borrow a Bible from the church as mine is on my kitchen counter.  I settle in.
  I then notice a red three digit number flash on the church projector screen.  A number that resembles the one on my wristband....a wristband representing one said small child I recently deposited in the children's ministry building.  I am needed. 
  I throw my purse over my shoulder and head back to the Children's Ministry Building.  I am met in the office by my sweet youngest....in tears.  "Mommy!!"  sniff...sniff...sniff....  "I just really missed you".....sniff....sniff....sniff...."And...I need you to come to class with me"....sniff...sniff...sniff.   After a couple minutes of reassurance, we head back to her class....together. Guess I won't be in "grown up" church after all tonight.....maybe next week.
  I sit in class with my baby and we eat a yummy snack and then play "clean up".  I am glad I have a baby to experience this with...even if I miss "grown up" church.
  Check out time rolls around.  We reverse the check in process.  3 kids...check.  3 Bibles, books, and vests...check.  2 grown-ups...check.   We did it. 
  As we leave town we stop at the pharmacy to refill asthma meds.  We get to the pharmacy and both my girls suddenly have to go potty (hhmmmmm.....I am sure the pharmacy sucker jar has nothing to do with it).  The boys wait in the car and us girls tromp into Walmart...  We stand in line....my girls have located the suckers and have a game plan.  We grab our meds and two suckers. 
  We check out....and head for the bathroom.  And...as I suspected, only one really/sorta had to go......I knew it was the suckers.  And....my other sweet baby hollers from across the bathroom, "Mom!!  Did you know the hand dryer turns on with your tongue?!?!"  "WHAT?!??!" I holler back then realizing and thanking God the dryer is motion activated.  "And, Mom..the air tastes like sugar!"  "That's nice sweetheart....I think its probably your sucker". 
  We run out to the car with asthma meds in hand.  We drive home, get ready for bed.....and realize we left the nebulizer at church.
  Wednesdays. 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...