Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud, it is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails...

1 Corinthians 13: 4-8

Friday, July 8, 2011

Cherry Pickin' Time


  Wouldn't you know it.....an opportunity to photograph the most photogenic fruit in its native environment...and I forgot my camera!  Well....that's okay I took pictures once it hit my counter top.
  Cherry pickin' time!!!  My family loves cherries.  I am not a $3.00/lb for cherries kinda girl....rather a pick em myself for free.  Its' better on the budget as well as satisfying and kinda therapeutic.  The pickin' makes em sweeter.

  Cherries from an old farmstead.....very old trees that have no doubt seen many eager fingers.  Farm wives and children, as well as many birds, have enjoyed their fruit.  With the help of a wonderful friend we each salvaged more than our share.  The kids even helped.  I think the ladder enticed them more than the cherries themselves.  Though the cherries came in a close second.
   A wonderful day.....harvest has begun.....my most favorite season of the year.

Cherries are so beautiful.  Thank you Lord!

2 comments:

  1. Your writing both warms my heart and makes me homesick, Sweetheart! You are a lovely bowl of cherries yourself, my darling! (Her mother).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you mom! I love you too! Let's go picking while your here!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...