Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud, it is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails...

1 Corinthians 13: 4-8

Monday, August 15, 2011

Chocolate Eggs!

 Okay, so we started a project early this year: raising Black-Copper Maran Chickens.  These chickens have a novel egg color.   They lay chocolate colored eggs; rare in the U.S.  We found a hatchery that hatches B-C Maran chicks and decided get some.
  Well, this week was our pay off week.  We have chocolate eggs now and I am excited.  I guess I am a chicken fanatic...sorry cant help it.  I love em'!  So to go along with our green eggs, Rhode Island brown, and cream colored eggs, we now have chocolate.   Kind of a rainbow I guess.  
Our first B-C Maran egg.

Brown is a good color!

Love it!
Next year we will work on a few other colors.  Art in the coup....I like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...