Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud, it is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails...

1 Corinthians 13: 4-8

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Shuckin' Time

 I love harvest time.  It is my favorite time of year.  Its a reward for hard work.  It's a treasure hunt for the kids.  And it means no more produce aisle trips at Walmart (at least for awhile).  I guess I also feel a sense of satisfaction when I walk through my garden, maybe a sense of accomplishment.  I know God does the work.....but I did the weeding...(well, kinda of).
  Our corn is getting ready to harvest.  We've pulled a few ears, and they are delish!  Golden Jubilee.....I can't get my kids out of the patch.  Whoever says raw corn is bad has NEVER tasted it!  Except for the fact I am finding husks all over the place.  I guess I need a resident garbage can IN the garden.  Maybe that will promote more tidiness....just maybe.
Summer Time Splendor
Roasting Ears
They did make it to the garbage...A Couple Times.
Yum!
He's Waited all Summer for This!
Now, just to get it all in and frozen.  But not before a good handful of wonderful Barbecue suppers (complete with Corn on the Cob!)  God Bless Summer Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...