Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud, it is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails...

1 Corinthians 13: 4-8

Thursday, August 4, 2011

See It Like It Is

  There is the truth, and there are my perceptions.   Sometimes the two align....I love it when they do....when I can see things as they REALLY are.  I like it when God has reveals the truth to my eyes, when I can see the big picture.  Why things happen....  Why they REALLY happen, not why I PERCEIVE they happen.
  Recently I have been praying God would open my eyes to the truth.  I have been praying He would allow me to see things as He sees them.  I admit, I struggle with "spiritual" blindness....a lot.  I am more than slightly blind....because after I prayed that prayer, God started revealing things.  He revealed things that have always been there.  I am certain others have always seen what I recently learned. In my praying for eyes to see, the first thing God pointed out was my shortcomings.  Ouch!  When I prayed that prayer, I was actually hoping He'd show me other things first.....like why other people act the way they do.  Why people say things or do things.  I was hoping for incite into other people......I was hoping He'd wait to reveal 'me' until later.  But He didn't.
  In answering my prayer, God placed a mirror in front of me.  In front of ME....and honestly, I didn't totally like what I saw.  It didn't totally reflect Jesus.  It wasn't as beautiful as I thought....I admit I am a little self centered.  God revealed my shortcomings....And yes, He revealed things about others too, but more so in how I effect them.  I am less than perfect (and for a perfectionist this is hard to admit). I am a sinner, and I am in need of God.
  There is freedom in knowing the truth.  In knowing you see everything everyone else does.  As a teenager I had the "toilet paper stuck to my foot" experience after leaving the bathroom.  It was embarrassing.  It wasn't until someone told me that I realized I trailed white paper behind me.  Well, I don't want that experience again.  I am thankful I have a resource that gives me eyes to see.  I am thankful my God reveals things.  He is the cleaner of closets, the healer of wounds and the "fixer" of EVERY problem.  Not only does he reveal the toilet paper trailing my foot, but He provides a way of removing it.  It's called "asking".   "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."  Matthew 7:7.  God wants nothing more than "you".  Give Him your life and He will change you.  Ask Him to reveal the truth of who you are.....and then ask Him to change you to reflect Him.  He will.  I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...