Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud, it is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails...

1 Corinthians 13: 4-8

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

$4.07/Gallon

  $4.07/gallon and climbing.  Diesel.  For anyone in this area, this is reason enough to stay home.  To get cozy in the rocker and enjoy the view from the front porch.  Unfortunately, if you're from this area, your livelihood is probably dependent  upon diesel.  You have a diesel pick-up, skid steer, tractor or Peter Built.  You don't have the ability to sit in your rocker long.  Groceries and the mortgage are dependent on that beautiful liquid gold.  That gold that now costs more per gallon than the milk on your table. 
  I had a day to myself today.  It was wonderful.  I have an accountant in Weiser and today was tax day.  It went well, thanks for asking.  Actually, while driving to my appointment I found myself behind an empty beet truck.  I didn't mind it, I had a sitter.  While I sat behind that truck , I'd get  brief whiffs of diesel exhaust.  Ya, it can be over-powering and the EPA says it's bad for the environment, but it reminds me of family time.  There is something in the over-powering scent of diesel that reminds me of togetherness.  It's trips to the lake, camping, auguring fence post holes with my husband, and riding the fork lift with my dad as a kid.  That totally obnoxious, over-powering smell is a little kid excitedly grabbing flashlights, and sleeping bags.  It's a little boy riding tractor with his papa.  It's a little girl holding fence posts to build a corral for her pony.  It's a scent that represents a good hard days work, accomplishment and family togetherness.  That diesel engine is the sound that daddy's home, it's supper time and every one's together.  No, I don't recommend Yankee bottle this scent up for their latest candle, the EPA may die of heart failure.  I do cherish memories that are tied to it though. 
  I am sure the prices will go down again, they usually do.  It does make things tight until then.  I serve a God that always provides however.  A gallon of diesel may cost more than two dozen eggs.  But God has seen fit to give us chickens, so we're covered.  We'll see how this summer goes.  I know we'll be fine.  God never ceases to amaze me with His provisions.


Sunset on Third Lane

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...