Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud, it is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails...

1 Corinthians 13: 4-8

Thursday, March 24, 2011

God and Lasagna

  I was craving lasagna and green salad.  I was also tired....tired of the sweet little flu bug and fevers.  Eight days with the flu is a long time.   I am ready to be well.  I hate being a complainer,  complainers frustrate me.  But tonight, I am weary and I am lacking.  So I guess I am (in a small way) complaining.  Ugh, I said it.
  Being sick though has enabled me to catch up on a few things, namely sleep.  Reading.  It has brought us down another road, one I rather enjoy: the slow lane.  Life has slowed down.  We've cancelled all appointments (except Tim, whom has worked all week and built fence with the flu).  I have married a seriously awesome man and I love him.
  My wonderful sister and her husband delivered groceries to our house Monday.   We are being cared for.  I am thanking God for people who care.  In the future I plan to bring more meals to people in need.... I can now empathize with them.  Meals can be such a blessing!
  Today Annie and I made an ibuprofen run to the M&W grocery store in Nyssa.  We decided to check the mail also.  It's been 4 days since we'd checked it, so I knew it'd be full.  I knew the M&W ad would be out today and secretly prayed lasagna would be on sale.  Please God, let lasagna be on sale. 
God cares about the little things.  He made that very clear when I opened our mailbox.  Yes, the M&W flyer was there, and gracing the front page was a sale..........on Stauffer's Lasagna.     God....only you.  I love you.

1 comment:

  1. As always, such a joy to read, Sweetie. So sorry the flu bug has hung on. Thank you for sharing the heavenly gift of lasagna on sale. God is smiling from His Throne. He loves your blog, too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...