Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud, it is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails...

1 Corinthians 13: 4-8

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Another Tuesday on Our Lane

Okay, its snowing outside.  I look at my little "in house" garden and say, "hum"....But you know, it really is beautiful.  The ground is white, big snow flakes gently fall from the sky.  It's peaceful...and beautiful.  My garden won't be hindered by it, it will melt and tomorrow no one will know it was there (and my garden is still in my house...lol).  I guess you could call this is a winter bonus. 
  Our chicks are moving outside today.  In a way I am sad.  They've been in the house for a week, and we have grown attached to them.  Unfortuantely Plinko, Minko, Clinko, Chinco and Stinko, etc have become a little "stinko" in the house and are bothering Hap's asthma.  Tim built an awsome brooder for them, they have their heat lamp, water and food, but they will be a ways from the house.  The barn seems really far away.  I know they will be fine.  I guess all chicks have to gain their wings at some point....lol
  Schooling is going very well this week.  I am so excited.  The lights are turning on!  The kids are getting it!!  You don't know what that does for me.  Their successes are so precious....some of them have been a long time in the making.  I am so proud of the kids.  I am falling in love with homeschooling.  Last year at this time I would not have said the same thing.  I had NO inclination to homeschool.  I guess I struggle with my confidence a little, and felt I would fail as a teacher.  God is so good though....He had other plans.  The little private school we were to enroll Mattie closed their doors.   Our only other option, as we didn't feel public school would work, was homeschooling.  I admit I was afraid...of failure more than anything.  I drug my heels and did a lot of praying.  In a way, I am glad I was afraid....I  have had to hold tight to God.  2 Corinthians 12:9 has become my life verse. (... "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.") 
 As I see lights turning on inside my kids, as reading gets easier, and numbers and equations take on meaning I know in my heart I was made to teach them.  I am their teacher; another "duh" moment maybe. :)  I love being with them...though we do have our difficult days...and days THEY wish they had a different teacher.  I love introducing them to God's creations; watching their faces when they see something new....when they learn something cool, when they "get it".  I also enjoy learning along with them....you might be surprised what you learn when you teach.  I know God doesn't call all to homeschool, but I am so glad we were. 
 Well, I need to sign off, Mattie and I need to go move our chicks and dance in the snow while it's here.

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."  Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.
             2 Corinthians 12:9

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candis,
    I love this! You are echoing my sentiments. Homeschooling is a challenge, but those "aha" moments are the best. And knowing that God will enable us makes it bearable when fear bears it's ugly head. Hugs to you and your dear ones.
    ~Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew all along that you could home school, my dear, and that you would love it. A parent immersing his or her life in a child's is one of the greatest gifts ever! I loved this entry, too. (Let's get together for a language arts session, however.....:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...