Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud, it is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails...

1 Corinthians 13: 4-8

Saturday, March 19, 2011

My Kids

  Its amazing to watch my children grow.  I wonder who they will become and what God has in store for their lives.  Personalities are very evident.  I see their strengths and their weaknesses.  I sometimes try and guess who and what they will become. 
  Mattie, always busy in a flurry of activity is my compassionate one.  She is my child of mercy.  I love watching her make friends.  She understands people.  Friendship and loving people come very easy to her.  She will be a loving and compassionate beacon in her world.  I am excited to see where God takes her. 
  Hap is my thinker.  He likes to stand back and watch.  He thinks about things...always thinking and evaluating.  My little man is full of thought out ideas.  Very intelligent and quick on his feet.  He's also my cuddle bug.  I wonder how God's going to use his gifts.  My little boy.
  "Little Sure Shot" Annie is my pistol.  This girl has yet to find a hurdle she can't conquer.  "I do it my BIG self" was the first phrase in her vocabulary.  She is such a joy.  I am thankful for Dr. Dobson's, The Strong Willed Child.  Standing alone and doing it without fear will be a huge asset to her when she gets older.  She will be a leader.  With God, that girl will swim oceans.
  I thank God for my children.  There was a time in my life when I didn't think I'd have any.  Tim and I wanted children, but God said, "wait".  Waiting is hard, especially when you want a baby.  It's made even more difficult when you lose a baby.  You contemplate the fairness of it all.  It's easy to fall into self-pity.  I've always struggled with the "wait" thing...I am a little like my youngest daughter I guess.   Waiting is difficult , but I'm learning beauty comes from waiting.  Some of the most beautiful things in my life happened because of the "waiting".  Waiting makes things so much more special.  It allows you to see God's handywork.  It may seem frusterating at the time, but it's "God in action".  He has a plan  (a better plan than you do).  A plan he's unfolding.  If God allowed Tim and I children when we dictated, the "Bayes Family" would be so much different than we are today.   I thank God for the waiting.

 I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry.
             Psalm 40:1


 

 

   

3 comments:

  1. It is so nice to see your kiddos beautiful faces :)
    - Del

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Del!!! I hope your little ones are enjoying home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are who they are because they have an awesome mother who loves them more than she loves herself.

    Keep up the good work. So, how do you get the music background? This old man cannot figure that one out.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...